Fun Family Vacations
Building a lifetime of memories!
Fun family vacations are the stepping stones of life. They are memory makers, geographical educators, stress deflators, and time decelerators. Vacations are a blast. Our family has almost as much fun planning and counting down to our departure, as we do going on the trip. Like the anticipation of Christmas morning or a birthday party, the planning can add weeks or even months of fun and excitement to our vacations.
Watching our 4 boys grow up each year has made us realize how quickly these family vacation years are passing us by! It's made us cherish all of our family adventures and memories that come out of each one! Even the road trips have provided us with many memorable quotes, laughs, and antidotes. Over the years, we've been very fortunate to have been able to see and do so much together. Some years, we've splurged on multi-week excursions. Other years, we've planned long-weekend camping outings or a string of "staycation" day trips.
Our best vacations have been the ones that were well thought out and planned. And while I love spontaneity, I wouldn't want to go to a place like Yellowstone, Disney World, or the Grand Canyon without having a general idea of what we shouldn't miss while we're there. That's where this website comes in! This site was built to share our fun family vacation experiences, including what to see and do, how to start and plan your adventure, and ideas and tips to keep it all within a family budget.
As our adventures continue, we'll keep adding information on the places we visit and explore. You'll get the Mom & Dad perspective along with our children's viewpoint as well - they don't have a vote, per se...but it's nice when they're happy! You'll learn about lodging options, dining options, and highlights that are can't miss experiences. We'll add as many pictures as we can so that you can evaluate the ideas and see if that’s something that's right for your family. I’ve found that being able to visualize where you’re going and what you’ll be doing is a huge help. For example, I was very nervous about our plan to take our boys down the Grand Canyon's Bright Angel Trail, but when we actually got there and started our hike, I saw that the trail was 7-8 feet wide and became much more at ease.
From the majestic National Parks to the magic of Disney, we hope that our family's stories, planning tools, and pictures help you plan your next fun family vacation and the many happy memories that follow!
- National Parks List: State Listing & Location Map
- This National Parks list includes our 59 National Parks along with the other 352 National Park Service sites that you won't want to miss!
- Acadia National Park
- Acadia National Park perfectly captures the charm and beauty of the New England coastline with over 35,000 acres of islands, mountains, lighthouses, and rocky shores to explore...
- Bryce Canyon
- Bryce Canyon is one of the most unique and beautiful National Parks we have. From he views atop the grand staircase to the mystical hoodoos, here's what recommend you see...
- Everglades National Park
- Everglades National Park is a very unique and exciting national treasure that's worth a family excursion. If you find yourself in South Florida, here's whereto go...
- Grand Canyon Family Vacation
- A Grand Canyon family vacation is a fun adventure for all ages. The overlooks are breath-taking. There are hikes for all ability levels. Here's what our family enjoyed the most...
- The Grand Tetons
- The Grand Tetons National Park is a family-friendly park whose scenery will knock your socks off! Here is what our family enjoyed the most...
- Mount Rainier National Park
- We had a great day in Mount Rainier National Park. We saw mountain goats, deer, water falls and more. Here was our 1-day itinerary...
- Yellowstone Vacation
- There is nothing even close to a Yellowstone vacation. The millions of acres of stunning landscapes, roaming wildlife, and geothermal activity is captivating for people of all ages!
- Yosemite National Park: If you had just 1 day
- If you had just 1 day to spend in Yosemite National Park, here's what we would recommend that you see and do. Enjoy!
- Disney World Family Vacation
- A Disney World family vacation has something for everyone. If you've never been there, here are some tips to make this vacation one off the best that you'll ever take!
- Disney Cruise
- Taking a Disney Cruise was one of the best family vacations that we had. Disney excels at creating a fun family environment. Here are some tips if you're considering this vacation...
- Our Alaska Family Vacation
- Our Alaska family vacation was one of our best vacations ever! Here's the itinerary that we followed...
- Our Nova Scotia Road Trip
- Our Nova Scotia road trip was a fun adventure with friends that took us through Fundy National Park, New Brunswick, Cape Breton, and the beautiful Cabot Trail. Here's our itinerary...
- Philadelphia Day Trips
- There are so many Philadelphia day trips that you and your family can go on, there's sure to be an idea that meets your family's itinerary and tastes...
- Washington DC Day Trip
- A Washington DC day trip has so many destinations, tours, and monuments to choose from that there is literally something for everyone in your group. Here are some ideas of what you should see...
- Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Our family had a wonderful week at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, enjoying lots of beach time, snorkeling, and a few Everglades day trips.
- Starting Your Vacation Plan
- Starting your vacation plan can seem like an intimidating task. Questions like affordability, schedule, and how to do it often derail our plans. Here is a step-by-step guide to get you started...
- Cheap Family Vacations
- Some of our fondest memories have come from cheap family vacations that have allowed us to strech the budget to increase our adventure. Here are some ideas for the frugal-minded adventurers like us..
- Why Take a Cruise Vacation?
- If you're wondering why to take a cruise vacation, here's what our family LOVES plus some tips on how to get it within budget.
- Family Road Trip!
- There is nothing more American, than a family road trip! Sure...the station wagons have been replaced with minvans, but the bonding and memories are the same...
- Take a Train Vacation!
- Our train vacation was one of our most adventurous and memorable family vacations. You will see scenery and history far from the highways and beaten path. Here's what we did....
- Our Family
- Our family put this site together out of our love to take vacations, go on adventures, and see as much as we can. There are many great get-aways that a family on a budget can do!
- Contact Us
- Thank you taking the time to contact us. Fun Family Vacations is always looking for additional ideas and tips for our adventure-seeking readers!
- Family Vacation Blog
- This Site Blog keeps you up to date with the additions and changes to the fun-family-vacations.com web site. Check back often as new content and information is frequently added! Subscribe here.
- Site Map - Fun Family Vacations
- This Site Map catalogs the many pages and pictures on the Fun Family Vacation website, making it easier to explore and discover that information you need to plan your next adventure!
- Family Vacation Resources
- These family vacation resources below are some great websites with valuable insights on resorts, parks, and other terrific vacation spots.